Let me be clear. I am only updating this page because of the sore negligence on my part to keep everyone up on everything. Let's face it though, who is really out there biting their nails because of the lack of writing on my page...yeah...let's leave it there.
However, I do have a couple of small things that have happened.
1. Hailey is now the proud owner of a strip of pink hair. Yes, it's permanent. Yes, it's also hidden. This girl has begged for two years to have pink hair and we had finally reached a compromise. She could get about an inch and a half stripe, if it were able to be hidden. So it's under her right ear and toward the back. She is such a good girl, and if this is all she wants in the world, I don't quite know why I held off for so long. She loves it when she doesn't have to go to school and I fix it in an up-do and let it peek out the top. She just grins all the time like she has a little secret and doesn't even tell people it's there. She knows, and that's enough for her. I guess she's had it for about 3 to 4 weeks now.
2. In reference to the above, I also got a call at home today from the school because Hailey is getting awarded tomorrow in their assembly. They are awarded for the four P's.
1. Prompt
2. Prepared
3. Polite
4. hmm, Guess who forgot the fourth P??
My bet is on polite because she is so nice, but I'll let you know.
3. Landon is signed up for basketball which starts on February 14th.
Okay, Abby and Ireland are absolute entertainment all the time. Ireland just got her fourth tooth and for those of you who don't want TMI turn off now...I am also weaning her....YEAH! She plays all the time by peeking around the couch and shaking her head no REALLY fast. Sometimes I think her head might fall off.
Abby is ...Abby. Talk about a crack up. Here's a little creepy tidbit about Abby. Sometimes at night I wake up to a dark shadow in my room and there stands Abby, eyes all glazed and she just waits until you creep out and wake up and then crawls in bed with us.
Can you tell I"m reaching for stuff here. I tell you, my life is a long taxi service everyday. I am at the school 3 times minimum each day, and when tutoring is in, there is a fourth time. I am now amusing myself with street signs. So as I was driving yesterday I saw two that amused me. The first is what looked like a speed sign, you know the kind that tell you how fast you are going as you get closer to them, well, I'm thinking great because my speedometer is broken, but as I get closer all I see is "Wanco". Yup, that's what I was thinking. Ok, maybe you had to be there.
The second sign was for "Automotive Screening Specialist". Not so funny, right? Well underneath it they also had the acronym. Now that's funny. I mean, think it through people. I have to find the funny in each day, and so as I'm in my car more than anywhere else, I have to do what I can.
I have also been priveleged enough to watch a woman roll her own head up in her window and then cuss as she drove away from the bank drive through window...like someone had done her sooo wrong.
Now I know I may need to repent big time for laughing, but no worry...karma always comes my way anyway...
3 comments:
I personally have been waiting with baited breath for a new post :) thanks for all the giggles. I saw the stripe on Sunday, it looks wonderful!
My nails are bitten down to the cuticle!! =) I've been waiting to hear more from you! I never see you. Thanks for those funny little things! It started my day right!
You guys are too sweet! "You like me, you really like me":)
Post a Comment