Saturday, February 14, 2009

Tribute to Movies

For anyone who doesn't know me, I am a serious movie buff. I enjoy a good film but more importantly I enjoy movie lines that are timeless. My brother and I are known within our family as being able to repeat movie lines word for word with the proper inflection and tone. It is one of our favorite past times.
You may wonder for now why this is important. Well, about a zillion times a day when someone says something to me, or I notice something around me, a movie quote will pop into my head and most times amuse me for quite some time. Sad, right? Well there it is ...my dirty little secret. Here are some of my favorites...

"You talking to me?"
"Well then shut up." Weekend At Bernies

"I've been here so long, I thought the Care Bears were here." The Money Pit

"Are you crying, there's no crying." A League of Their Own

Wow, I'm gonna stop there because oddly this feels a little to personal to reveal, and quite frankly, I love to amuse myself with these and if other people get it, then it loses it's appeal.

Well for now, I have one piece of big news. My mother is getting married...next week.

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue." Airplane

"Surely you can't be serious."
"I am serious, and don't call me Shirley." Airplane

"And that's all I have to say about that." Forrest Gump


2 comments:

Unknown said...

seriously, I wish my brain would remeber things like that! I can't remember lines, let along what I did yesterday! Too funny. Now everytime I see you off in space I am going to think Airplane ;D

Kristin said...

Ok so I am sitting here thinking of a line from a movie and the only one that keeps popping in my mind is from top gun. "Hey Goose you big stud, take me to bed or loose me forever." :)