Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ireland at PMC

Parkview Medical Center. Ireland had to be taken to the ER this morning at about 7:00am. We've gone for about a week and a half with a terrible cold. No big deal because we've all had it, but strangely enough it seems to be getting worse again for all of us. Ireland has had a clear runny nose and cough, but last night couldn't sleep unless she was being held and continued to whine all night. This morning she spiked a fever and I knew. I contemplated waiting until tomorrow morning, or waiting for Urgent Care to open, but I knew there would be no wait at our new ER in Pueblo West, so off we went.
The Dr. was super nice and tried to really play it cool and say, "Hey, if she has pneumonia, this antibiotic will clear it." "If she has a respiratory infection, there's nothing I can do, but I do see her ear is bulging...it's not perforated though.." He walks out and sends in a double dose of antibiotic for her ear so it can be administered without the wait. You just blew your cool Doc. She has been crying all morning long....with real tears..it's terrible to see her so sad. It's also her first round of antibiotics, so I'll see how those work with her little tummy. Well, at least we had a good long run without em.

4 comments:

Elise and Dan said...

Oh my gosh! How horrible to have a sick little one! I hope she is feeling better really soon. This has been a nasty sick season this winter!

Fowler Tribe said...

So sorry to hear about Ireland. I saw you at church so she must be doing better. And by the way, thank you for the laugh. I absolutely love reading your blog. Your Awesome!

Fowler Tribe said...

The laugh was because of previous blogs of your that I was catching up on, not the one about the baby being sick...just needed to clarify

Unknown said...

poor girl, I hope she is doing better now! joe took emily to the new ER just after new years and had a great experience there and no wait :), just a couple hundred bucks though ;)