Sunday, November 9, 2008

Do I miss it?

What do I like about California:
1. Friends!!
2. Great weather
3. The promise of good surf tomorrow
4. The eighty year old woman on the street in a blue fancy dress cut just above the knee with no nylons, uggs, and a fuzzy winter coat.


Not so much:
1. You shouldn't really be able to smell the air (personal opinion)
2. The picketers outside our church building this morning


What do I love about California:
1.PAT
This morning on the way to church she was especially anxious about walking in with the whole family and sitting in our regular front two rows. She realizes we are cutting it close, and so decides to call Seth to give him some instruction...Here is the side of the conversation we heard.
"SETH!"
"Seth, I don't have time for this!" (rolling her eyes)
pause
"Are you at church?"
pause
"As soon as you get there, you get our pews!"
pause
"I MEAN save us some seats!"
pause
"Seth, cut the crap!"
extra long pause
"Oh, I'm sorry sir."

Yeah, wrong number.
After she hangs up, Brian begins to wonder if he should call the man back to apologize and say that his mother-in-law somehow got loose while we were visiting her at the psych ward and managed to snag his phone and make some calls. AH, never a dull moment. However, it makes you wonder if the man is wondering which church we attend.

3 comments:

Elise and Dan said...

That was a funny story! I LOVE CA, but it's definately not a place to raise a family. Good thing my parents still live there, so I can get my fix every once in a while. Hope you are having fun in CA.

Fowler Tribe said...

That is hillarious!! Very classic!

lindseydenison said...

Loving CA...and raising my family here! (erase this as soon as you see it!) XOXO