We're in OC.
The prep...could've been better for Shem
The drive to the airport...great
The airport...well, let's just say I didn't think it had been that long since I'd flown, but I was wrong. I particularly loved the announcement over the loudspeaker every 10 minutes calmly reminding us (in that somewhat drunken seductive female voice) that the national threat level had been heightened to orange, so please be aware of anyone who looks suspicious...What the...have you seen the people roaming around airports?? They are all so sketchy it's sick. Then comes security which always makes me laugh, but even more so after you see every grown man being practically stripped and walking over and over again through the detector only to be pulled aside and had the magic wand moved over them (can't say I'm sad about this..better safe than sorry, right?!) What's really new are the cots after you go through the final checkpoint that are strategically placed so you can carry your sad little bucket over and dress again. Let me tell you, they are really trying to make these look appealing by making them comparable to a nice poolside lounge chair (the only difference being that they are bolted to the ground and wall)...Complete with a view of far to much skin as many a man tries one-handedly to replace a belt before putting the bucket d0wn. I had also forgotten about the shoe removal and had decided to wear the biggest set of boots ever. Those were a treat to get back on.
Anyway, the flight was a good one (I only cried and shook about 4/5 of the way), and we touched down nicely. From there it was a mad dash to the rehearsal dinner and then off to the house to visit with the fam.
This morning went beautifully. The wedding was spectacular, complete with ocean views, violins, sunshine and a bridesmaids dress that fit upon arrival. You can't beat that. We had a small break and then it was back to the reception. I even got to see a good deal of friends. Surfing is set for Monday morning with a group of 4 at the moment.
I have, however, been terribly homesick or shall we say "kidsick". I miss my kids sooooo much more than I had anticipated and have been doing everything to push it out of my mind. When I finally have time to call home, I ask,
"How are the kids?"
Mom: "alive."
Ok, right about here I suffer a small heart attack and pull it back and ask why. Come to find out, my girls had somehow taken the phone and been repeatedly dialing 911. Yup! I happen to call just as they've been stuck in a corner and officers arrive at my doorstep (nice response time, SO). Needless to say, a lot of tears and major breakdowns happen on both ends of the phone and I'm dumbfounded because my kids have never even been interested in the phone. Well. The day has been full, that's for sure. I apologize for the jumpiness of this post, but man...it's midnight and I'm off to bed.
Pray for us for a safe flight home.
2 comments:
you are so funny, I will pray you and your skinny self make it home ;)
Oh man, gotta love kids come up with stuff like that. I'd rather my mom's doorstep be full of police instead of mine!
Post a Comment