
So yesterday we drove up to the Castle Rock outlets looking for some great deals for school clothes. We came out quite disappointed. Afterward we hit the candy factory and I got some zots for $0.50, now that is a great deal. Shem had never had a zot, can you believe it and so I happily let him have one and then talked him into biting it. Well, for those of you who don't know, it exploded with all of this fizzy stuff they're filled with and he looked like he was going to get sick. Then he practically freaked out trying to get his empty cup out of the cup holder to spit it out. I almost wet my pants laughing. Priceless.
We drove over to Wahoo's to get some dinner and then we happened to see a whole foods store!
Ok, here is what I have always wished...you ready? This is no joke..Well, I always wished I could be a granola girl. I could be wearing my own hemp skirt, no make-up, strapping three babies to me with a strand of wheat, using soap made from grasshopper droppings, eating only whole grains and generally just replenishing mother earth. You can't see it? Well, let me tell you, I am already half way there, I'll have you know I already have two recyclable bags for shopping and they are always in my car ready for my next grocery trip. I am even working on getting them out when I go.
Here is the problem. I go into these whole food stores and see nothing that I could actually ingest and yet I see myself buying all whole foods for my family, so the dream goes on. The smell of incense, candles and let's face it, B.O. hangs in the air, and I figure I could at least find something in the....cookie aisle? They have a buffet of exotic foods and salads and I am intrigued and feel my inner granola coming out. I grab a biodegradable container and set out to culture my taste buds to the goodness of the natural foods of the world. We climb into the car and while my kids eat their pizza from the whole foods store I note how good that smells, but I open my container, grab my plastic(sorry) fork and take a bite. MMM....dirt. Well, maybe the next bite needs a little salt...MMMM .....dirt with salt on it. What the....
Shem is watching me with more than a little interest and I can't let him win. I slowly continue to eat and then remark about how full I am with all of these great foods. I put it away and watch my kids finish off their pizza. Well, luckily for me I have also grabbed myself some molasses cookies and they are good.
I am so hungry this morning and as I make mental note to get the incense out, I realize that every time I feel a little granola, it may have to work for awhile to just turn off the AC, and in 100 degree weather, that is quite a sacrifice. At least I can start with the energy crisis.
We drove over to Wahoo's to get some dinner and then we happened to see a whole foods store!
Ok, here is what I have always wished...you ready? This is no joke..Well, I always wished I could be a granola girl. I could be wearing my own hemp skirt, no make-up, strapping three babies to me with a strand of wheat, using soap made from grasshopper droppings, eating only whole grains and generally just replenishing mother earth. You can't see it? Well, let me tell you, I am already half way there, I'll have you know I already have two recyclable bags for shopping and they are always in my car ready for my next grocery trip. I am even working on getting them out when I go.
Here is the problem. I go into these whole food stores and see nothing that I could actually ingest and yet I see myself buying all whole foods for my family, so the dream goes on. The smell of incense, candles and let's face it, B.O. hangs in the air, and I figure I could at least find something in the....cookie aisle? They have a buffet of exotic foods and salads and I am intrigued and feel my inner granola coming out. I grab a biodegradable container and set out to culture my taste buds to the goodness of the natural foods of the world. We climb into the car and while my kids eat their pizza from the whole foods store I note how good that smells, but I open my container, grab my plastic(sorry) fork and take a bite. MMM....dirt. Well, maybe the next bite needs a little salt...MMMM .....dirt with salt on it. What the....
Shem is watching me with more than a little interest and I can't let him win. I slowly continue to eat and then remark about how full I am with all of these great foods. I put it away and watch my kids finish off their pizza. Well, luckily for me I have also grabbed myself some molasses cookies and they are good.
I am so hungry this morning and as I make mental note to get the incense out, I realize that every time I feel a little granola, it may have to work for awhile to just turn off the AC, and in 100 degree weather, that is quite a sacrifice. At least I can start with the energy crisis.
4 comments:
Hey Girl! So, I blogger stalked you off of Kristen's Blog! I loved that post. Especially the part about finding something good in at least the candy aisle! I love whole food's produce!
The produce did look great. At least Trader Joes has mochi so I can pretend to go in for a reason.
Dream on....you're as "granola" as I am. Have your little fancy dream, and then come back to reality.....Nordstrom, NYC, and Nutter Butters! LD
Shows what you know,.... I hate nutter butters.
Post a Comment