Thursday, July 24, 2008

Abby Tales or should I say "tails"

Ireland had her four month checkup and is right on track. She is now almost 14lbs.
We are now visiting my mom and attending the daily activities of "Stampede". The kids have been looking forward to this for sooo long. Stampede happens every year on the last weekend in July and consists of daily parades, a carnival, rodeo and the general merriment that goes along with it. I'll post pictures when we get home, but first a little story of my dear Abby.
For those of you who don't know my sweet girl, this is a girl who loves everything about the outdoors, except for actually being out in it. How's that, you say? Well, she likes to bring the outdoors in.
Some examples;
It is not uncommon to find rocks in my house. I wish this were just due to Abby, but in fact all of my kids like rocks. I guess I've got Christmas all sewn up.
On Sundays, we typically need to layer our clothes because the air is usually cranking at church, but the heat outside is amazing, sooo...
As we're walking into the building, I try to take the jacket she's carrying because the air isn't on yet. I keep trying to take it and she insists that she has to carry it. When I press, I find out it's because she is trying to smuggle her roly poly in. She's got it wrapped up in her jacket and refuses to let it go. I should have known. This girl has a love for roly polies like you've never seen. How do you even spell roly polies?? Well, here at grandmas, she's got those, grasshoppers (which she also loves to catch), dogs, cats and even cows which in her words, "I love it when they moo!"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

that is too funny! the girls love rocks too but I love your little smuggler ;D

Elise and Dan said...

Oh, man I laughed right out loud on that one! Abree is ALWAYS bringing in roly polies, millipeeds, crickets, and lady bugs! She makes homes (not allowed in our house though) for them and calls them her pets. Her new thing is to catch ants in a cup. WHY?? And of course she loves rocks as well. That is funny that Abby tried to sneak in a roly poly to church!!

PML said...

We've wanted to go to Stampede and the 24th celebrations both years but it hasn't worked out. I'm jealous! Hope you are having fun.