Thursday, February 7, 2008

Pros and Cons

First, the good news. Landon is doing great at the new school and is so excited to be there. He says that after home school with me, everything is easy....(okay, so I may have pushed a little extra and been a little crazy about it. I was just so worried that he would be the weird, pasty, dumb kid from home school when he got back and I just didn't want that to happen...not that home school kids are weird, pasty and dumb, but lets face it...we've all met them).
The bad news is that he just happened back at the height of a flu and strep epidemic, so I wake up to an orchestra of coughing as my alarm clock, gross noses about every 20 minutes, and now with the introduction of some serious antibiotics, a whole new set of bodily functions from my beautiful children that I will not discuss here.
Again with good news. We had one snow day this week, and Friday is set for Parent/Teacher conferences, so Landon has only missed two days of school this week even though he will officially have been home for four.
Oh, the beauty of it all. These are the days I dread ...I've already talked about the unfortunate parts of this illness, but then trying to get everyone to eat, repeatedly filling cups and trying to push juices, getting medicine down everyone at set intervals and the whole bit gets a little tiring....
Well, we'll be off and kicking soon, so I guess I'll just enjoy having all of my babies around me ...sick or not.

No comments: