Every once in a while, I am blessed to be woken by a still sleeping Shem. Either he is laughing and spouting a whole mess of jumbled words, or talking about horses dying???
Example: Soon after Landon was born
Setting: Our bedroom
Time: 2:30am
I awake to find the bedside table still on. I am groggy, but reach over and gingerly turn it off. What happens next is a little terrifying. Shem (who has his back to me) flips over and into a sitting position and then hovers about two inches in front of my face.
Shem: "WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?"
Me: "Turned the light off"
Shem: IF YOU TURN OFF THE LIGHT, ALL THE HORSES WILL DIE!!"
Me: (stunned) "Do you want me to turn it back on?"
Shem: (disgusted) "It's too late now!"
He rolls over and goes to sleep while I am left pondering what it is I have just killed and why it relates to my lamp.
Fast forward....Like I said, this happens every few months. The last was last night.
I am just drifting off to sleep. Shem has been asleep for the last 30 minutes. The next thing I know I feel Shem jump up and grab our blankets. I figure he is just turning over and so I hold on to my covers with all I can muster but somehow he has caught me in that awkward state in between awake and asleep. He pulls harder. I roll over to see him out of bed and tugging like a crazy person on our covers. I fight back and loudly whisper, "Shem, what are you doing?!"
" I am looking for a new one of...."(as he holds up the comforter). "Why?!" I ask. "I poured water on this one." He replies (again with disgust). By this time I figure he's lost his marbles and say louder, "Shem, are you asleep?" He pulls a face..."No!" Then he walks away and goes to the bathroom.
He comes back awhile later and I ask him what the crap that was all about.
"Sorry hon, I was sleeping..." Now he refuses to talk about it...because in his mind that means it didn't happen.
I am starting to realize that
1. I am the idiot who always tries to figure out what he's talking about when I should know better.
2. He is always more than a little disgusted with my questions
3. I need to have a plan of action for our next incident
3 comments:
That is HILARIOUS! You need a video camera next time. Sometimes when I'm reading late with the side lamp on, Dan will bolt upright and just stare at me with these wild eyes! Then he'll say "What ya doing?" I say, "reading." and he'll roll over and go back to sleep. He never remembers it in the morning. I HATE when he does that! Hahah, but Shem wins the award!
Well I thought I would check email and stuff real quick before bed and now you have me giggling and wondering why I have never had an "incident", lol ;D. That was too funny, thanks for sharing!
Two months later, and now that I'm reading this again, I still laugh so hard that tears are running down my face. You are not allowed to erease this story ever. At least now I know where to come to have a good laugh.
Post a Comment