
Today is Shem's birthday! I have to start by saying that he is the MOST wonderful husband there is. Great Dad too. We all had to let him know from the break of dawn until bedtime. I have to back up a little by saying that yesterday it just started snowing around 5 o clock or so. It came down so fast and hard, I thought I was watching a rain storm until I got closer to our window. Well, this wonderful fact led to a school closure this morning, and Shem not being routed! How awesome is that?! The kids immediately went to drawing picture after picture for their dad and I think we have Landon partially convinced that Shem is half leprechaun. So, every picture he draws is of his dad as a leprechaun. Shem went out then to find a battery for his birthday camera (which he loves and when I realize he is gone, I have to look around for what new wonder he has discovered with it) and I ran out to get the finishing touches for his Bday dinner...martinelli's etc... He finally gave up trying to stay out of his presents and opened them all in the late afternoon before the cake or dinner, but at least he didn't get them before...
Dinner, of course, steak and shrimp with all the fixins and a strawberry sheetcake for dessert.
He is upstairs now playing a new game I got for him. I think it might just be a late night. I just have to say, Shem, the world was certainly blessed on the day that you were born, and I was blessed from the moment I met you. Thank you...
for being kind
for being caring
for being a loving man
for being so compassionate
for having the biggest heart of anyone I know
for loving your family
for being a great dad (I say this a lot, but you have no idea how great this really is...and I've discovered how rare this is)
for being a great husband
for living the gospel and teaching our children
for protecting us
for always coming through
for being able to make ANY situation work
for kissing me every morning
for smiling as much as you do
for understanding
for looking at me and saying "it's okay"
Thanks for these and a million other reasons that I love you..
I just don't care who knows what a corny sap I am for saying that I adore you! Happy Birthday Baby.
Dinner, of course, steak and shrimp with all the fixins and a strawberry sheetcake for dessert.
He is upstairs now playing a new game I got for him. I think it might just be a late night. I just have to say, Shem, the world was certainly blessed on the day that you were born, and I was blessed from the moment I met you. Thank you...
for being kind
for being caring
for being a loving man
for being so compassionate
for having the biggest heart of anyone I know
for loving your family
for being a great dad (I say this a lot, but you have no idea how great this really is...and I've discovered how rare this is)
for being a great husband
for living the gospel and teaching our children
for protecting us
for always coming through
for being able to make ANY situation work
for kissing me every morning
for smiling as much as you do
for understanding
for looking at me and saying "it's okay"
Thanks for these and a million other reasons that I love you..
I just don't care who knows what a corny sap I am for saying that I adore you! Happy Birthday Baby.
1 comment:
give me a break...he's my brother, and I don't remember him being that fabulous! Post your baby! I am SO excited to see!
Post a Comment