Thursday, January 17, 2008

School and Shoes

Sing a happy song everyone, Landon has a secured spot in the Charter school and starts Monday morning. They actually even put him in the class already and so his literacy testing is later this afternoon. For those of you who don't know, I pulled him out of the public school almost two months ago after two years of him begging me to do so. He made it clear he wanted to be at school, just not the one he was at. He has been on the waiting list for the Charter for two years and with Hailey just having gotten in, his chances had increased dramatically. Anyway, he has been home schooled for two months, and despite it being ,'harder than normal school," he has been doing great and at the first news of an opening....I cried! I thought I had been waiting for this forever but realized how much I would miss him. He is so excited and I am too.....now.

One funny story about Hailey who sat next to me while I had a moment to watch Oprah. There were the most beautiful Christian Louboutin shoes I had ever seen on the show. Oprah announced that one member of the audience would be allowed to pick any pair they wanted after which she announced, "we'll be right back". I just sat waiting for my DVR to scroll through the commercials when I heard a little Hailey voice say, "I can't wait till she comes back, I'd pick the pink ones." I looked over and realized she hadn't even said it to me, she was just a thinkin' out loud. Oh, the bond of the love of shoes!

No comments: