Friday, December 14, 2007

Hailey's First Lost Tooth




Hailey lost her first tooth last night. It has been a little wiggly since Thanksgiving, but she refused to believe it could actually come out. I saw it wiggle and knew it had to get out before it fell out in her sleep. However, when I told her this, she screamed and cried because she just knew it was going to hurt. I tried to reason with her until Shem just grabbed and yanked. She howled one final time and then smiled and said, "oooh, cool".


Now I don't know how familiar you are with little children as they lose their teeth, but come about first grade, their yearbooks look like they're filled with jack-o-lanterns because not one person in there has a full set. So then you have the most ridiculous and not to mention not so cute kids with some big, little, and missing teeth in the lot. Pair that with kids who can't make their lunch hit their mouths and those who like to roll on their heads before school, and it is not a pretty sight. Well.....


Then Hailey decides she wants to put the envelope under Mom and Dads pillow (much easier right), but I tell her no and ask her why. Let us veer off subject to a moment and flashback to the time when I was about 5 and terrified of the Easter Bunny. I mean, let's face it, a giant rodent standing next to your bed while you sleep....FREAKY! Even I knew that.


Ok, so I want to know why Hailey wants the tiny thing under my pillow. She says, "I don't want her to mess with any of my stuff." Nice. What child cares about a gift bearing legend playing with her toys in the middle of the night?? Mine. (Good luck Santa)


Anyway, I (speaking not at all in the least biased) have to say that Hailey is even cuter with a missing tooth. She is so proud and even carried it with her to school in the envelope. (she wrote and asked the tooth fairy to please spare the tooth so she could share it). The TF happily obliged.

No comments: