

Landon is now 9 years old. Can you believe it?! I don't even understand how this little tiny baby grew so fast! He is such a blessing and I am so proud of him. I teased him all day that we were all just going to get him underwear, socks and toothpaste. I even went so far as to tell my mother that those things were all he wanted while he screamed it wasn't true (we were on the phone...my mother and I that is). She got him a really cool remote control car that is supposed to be able to go over anything (not quite true for the weeds in our backyard). She walked in, however, with a little bag with great wrapping paper in it. You could see his heart break as he pulled out ....UNDERWEAR and SOCKS!! He held his smile beautifully and said, "thanks grandma, those are really cool." It was almost painful to watch him hold that smile though (that first picture is of him realizing those are really unders). I could read what he was really thinking. He made it through with such class and finished unwrapping his other presents and grandma went back out to her car and came back with another wrapped gift. His mouth fell open and relief was written all over his face. I said, "Landon, were you scared that was it." He says coolly, "No."
He really wanted a green cake. Green cake, green frosting. My mother really wanted a strawberry sheet cake since she was driving all the way from her house about 2 1/2 hours away. What comes next...compromise. White sheet cake with green dye. Sheet cake frosting dyed green and covered with kiwi instead of strawberries. It was really good!
Uncle Dave of course came through again and had Landon on pins and needles waiting for the ever important birthday letter and let's not forget the little $ that comes with it. Thanks Dave for driving him mad with anticipation. It started about a week before with Landon constantly asking if he could check the mail. I just kinda thought he was developing a little OCD (which if you're going to develop OCD, checking the mail is better than say..trying to bite your own shoulder or washing your little toe every time the wind blows east or something), but it made sense when I got the mail first one day and he says, "ANYTHING FOR ME?!!!" I was confused because he was so intense and then remembered....David.
Landon, we love you so much. We are so happy that you were born and blessed our family in so many ways. You are awesome!
2 comments:
you are a boring blogger
Hey, no time for URE crap
Post a Comment