Thursday, November 1, 2007

November 1, 2007

We have been busy. It started with Christian's baptism (Nathan and Brittney's son) and we were able to spend some time with them. We had a little lunch with their family and some of their friends and then went over to yet another corn maze/pumpkin patch. Since we had already been through a maze, we spent the time in the patch looking for what Abby called, "the perfect one". We only found out later that our adventures in finding that right one took longer than it did for the masses to find their way out of the maze and leave us there. It was funny loading about six pumpkins and about 15 little gourds into our car for the drive home. My kids have been playing with them all ever since. Thank goodness they got carved eventually and out on the porch. We had various snowmen made out of pumpkins all over our house.

Hailey has had a field trip a week. She loves feeling big. It just makes me sick. One of the field trips was an hour away on a bus with their book buddies who happen to be fifth graders. Scared mom half to death, but boy was she a happy girl. Letting go is hard.

Abby is hilarious. We were talking at the dinner table about names for the new baby. Right in the middle of our discussion which was going well, Abby says, "Well, Daddy's name is cheeseburger." Then she shrugs and looks at him with that one dimpled smile. Cute little weirdo.

Landon received a note home after PT conference referring him to the gifted and talented program. "He is a great student with the potential for more" is the consensus of the teachers who recommended him. His conference was great because his grades are outstanding. She says, " he is liked by everyone, and he loves it, he just needs to bridle his social ability a little, but never lose it." There are more developments with this one, but I'll tell ya later....

Shem and I attended a murder mystery dinner at a friends house with 13 other couples. It was hilarious. You had to stay in character and Shem was a Spanish bellboy. He talked with the most hilarious accent and had everyone rolling. I was a clown and just happened to find a hoop clown outfit to cover my ever bulging belly.

This week I was elected to serve on Hailey's school board. The day after the good news, I decided it would be fun to pass out at her school to show them what a dedicated and strong person I would be. Yup, standing in the kindergarten line and it was lights out for me. The funny thing was I couldn't hear for about a minute afterward. I didn't hit the ground....(thanks people), and was sat in the office with a cold towel on my neck (thanks Loretta) for fifteen minutes until a nice church member followed me home. I go in to the Dr. today to see what the heck that was about.

Shem is now doing Pampered Chef and LOVING it. Boy has he found his little niche. His first party sold so much and I gotta say, the ladies love a man cooking for them. I think it helps his profits. Sound a little like a pimp, huh? Work it baby!

Halloween - all three of my children --spider man. Two red spidermen, (the girls) and one black (Landon). Hailey was the only non princess in her class. Last night, however, they found some of their old costumes and were changing up until we went out. We were out for about two hours and it was Hailey fighting to stay out longer. That's my girl. Abby tends to go to about ten houses and want to ride in the car and enjoy her spoils. Landon even tired out before Hailey.

Now to prepare for Landon's Bday next week (Nine years old, can you believe it!!?).

No comments: