Super Saturday was this weekend, and I was in charge of teaching bow making to the non-interested members of the ward. We also made vinyl plaques, and 72hr kits. At the end we had a nice lunch together and then it was off to the.....car dealership!Here is our new car.....not! We went down to the dealership because I saw an ad for a Lincoln Navigator for 14k. Since the Kia will make a great trade-in, I thought we could lower our payments (which are already low) and get a better car. Besides, the Kia will be obsolete in 6 months with not enough seating. Well, the Lincoln was gone when we got there, and we settled for the 03 Chevy Tahoe with 3rd row seating. We were excited to get home and head off for the "Men who Can Cook" Stake cook off. As we were preparing for that, we decided to flip the third row and set off for the stake since we were late and Shem prepared 2 instead of his 5 dishes planned. When we were trying to flip up the third row, we found it mysteriously ....gone..not there,....never had it been there. I call the dealership in a tizzy and they tell us how sorry they were and not to worry, "bring it in Monday and we'll get you into a new one with the promised third row, don't worry." Since then, I've been sick. Forgive me for not trusting with my whole heart the honesty of a car dealership. I'll let you know tomorrow morning.
When we walked into the stake, there was a collective sigh that emerged from the congregation upon seeing Shem. They know he can cook, and when they saw he didn't have all his dishes, started to high-five each other saying, '"maybe we have a chance!" Shem was heartbroken. The first award was announced 5 minutes after we arrived and was of course....Shem for his artichoke won tons. A groan came from all around us and they promised to find and bind Shem later. He won a pair of tickets to the movies. Cool, huh. He also signed up for pampered chef and is excited to get all the latest and greatest utensils and tools, so let us know when you want some great stuff.
My hubby, the Chef!
My hubby, the Chef!On a completely different note, after church today, Abby was sitting at the table then stands up with one finger in the air and with absolute gusto says, "I am the stick,....THE STICK OF LIFE!" Not sure what this means, but I'm guessing it's good?
1 comment:
Obviously Shem won! Very cool. Obviously also that you guys ended up with a car you weren't supposed to! You better go in and raise Holy Cain for the correct car now before it goes too long because there is a time period when they HAVE to do certain things. if not, you are screwed!
Post a Comment