
Yesterday when I went to pick up Hailey from school, I noticed as all the children ran out to play, the little girls were in pairs of two holding hands and skipping over to the swing sets and slides. I couldn't find Hailey amongst them. As I broadened my search, I found her with the only three boys in her class. They headed straight for the sandpit. When she was finished there, she got up and ran over to the jungle gym...all three boys followed. This continued as the four of them ran from toy to toy and finally ended with some nice waves as they parted. The one boy who idolizes her most is the class bully. I walk her in every day and stand with her because I have watched this kid walk in and punch the other boys. I watched a little closer today as he walked in, made the appropriate nasty faces at the others and walked straight to Hailey and quietly said, "Hi". She responded by giving a half smile and ignoring him.
Today at pick up I was delighted to see her come out with a little girl, holding hands and skipping to the jungle gym. It was at this point I noticed the boys looking for their leader. They found and followed again. I am just not sure how to feel about all this...
1 comment:
She is a looker! WOW!
Post a Comment