Wow, First time blogger. Here it is Lindsey.
All last week the kids and I went to my mom's house. We spent every day outside cleaning the barn and garage, and every night during the kids baths, we had to scrape dirt from the tub. They LOVED being outside all day and playing with all the animals and dirt. They were even lucky enough to drive a front end loader by themselves! Crazy farmers, right! Apparently all you need in order to drive one in CO is a working leg or two. That's right, no age limit on farm equipment.
Every night after being sooo tired, I kept hearing a noise- like a cat barking. SO weird! It kept me up for quite awhile, and the dogs barking didn't help. Finally I get up and see a very large fox trying to pry his way into the rabbit cage and sadly, 2 bunnies were already missing. This went on for four nights before I contacted a friend about a trap. That night I lay in bed dreaming of a good nights' sleep only to wake and find three cats in the trap and the noise of that fox getting closer. The day I left, I was tired from working all day and chasing random wild animals all night that I couldn't wait to get home to a good nights sleep only to see what looked like a fox on the highway...bitter sweet I'd say.
When we came back home, we all loaded up again and drove to Boulder for Dad's day off. My mom went with us and we had the funnest day going everywhere in Boulder, and it seemed like everywher along the way.
I also came home to a new dog. A boxer who is already a year old, housebroken, and very well trained. His master was just sent to Iraq and he needed a home. Shem, of course, couldn't get him home fast enough. I can't say I have any...I mean many complaints...just the very messy slobbering. Shem gets mad that I wipe his face before I let him in the house...like my children. We all love him and what a great watchdog.
4 comments:
Not even "crazy farmers" get out in the middle of the night to chase a fox armed with a flashlight and in her underware!
Sorry Kas.....just had to tell on you.
Mom
Sick that you got a slobbering dog! Then again, I am sure you have Shem to thank for that one. -Lindsey
Shem - I like the hair...From Mom and Lindsey
Mom also says, have you lost your mind. that dog will eat you!
Kasi,
You guys are awesome and that dog is sooooo Shem! More pics! I want to see those cute kids!
Love you, Megan
Post a Comment