Landon and I ran our second 5k this year on July 17th. He was a little irritated this time and was not happy halfway through the race. The last one he finished around the 28 or 29 min mark, but this one he (once again left his mother in the dust when the gun went off) let me catch up to him. When he saw me coming, he kicked it up time after time and then gave up. I slowed and asked him if he wanted me to run with him kind of cringing at the idea, but he looked at me with a look so vicious and said, "no" very politely. I guess he thought he'd get me in the end.
I am not as humble as some other people I know, and so I have to say, I TOOK SECOND PLACE.
However, there are a few factors that MAY need to be considered here.
1. It was for my age group
2. It was a very small racing group
3. I'm pretty sure there weren't very many people behind me, especially in my age group.
Who cares! I'll take it! I am now the proud owner of a fake silver medal that says 2nd Place and then on the back says, "female, age 30-39", something about that takes away from a medal you know?
We are gearing up for the next one in Florence, needless to say, I think these sporadic 5k's are the only exercise I'm getting this year. 3 times in 3 months isn't bad, right.
Hailey opted out of this one, but all of the fam cheered me and a friend of mine (who raced her very first time on that day and did GREAT!) on from the back of the pickup. It was awesome! We goofed all day, and I have to say this is the most laid back and wonderful summer ever.
1 comment:
Woohooo!! Way to go girl!
Post a Comment