Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sleep Ireland

So baby is speaking in sentences now. Last week we were reading together (one of her favorite pasttimes) and we finish. This is always followed with, "again", so I say, "are you ready?" She nods her head yes, but when I pick up the book she pulls it away from me and says, "No, I read it." 18 months and scaring me to death with her progress. Talk about trying to keep up with siblings. What's really funny is what slackers Shem and I have turned into with baby 4. With all three of our others, at 1 year old there were no punches pulled. Bottles were packed away, pacifiers put in drawers, naptime and bedtime were on your own with a crazy determination to not break. Fast Forward... This baby drinks from sippy, but a bottle isn't unwarranted, she does not have a pacifier (because she likes her thumb), and right now at bedtime she has yelled for every member of our family. We are really trying to get her to sleep on her own at bedtime and she is up there yelling, "DAAAAAD, MOM!" "AB-BY", and my favorite, "GET BABY!" I am sitting at the bottom of the stairs with Shem determined not to break so I decided to come and blog. AH, see there, crying is stopping ....it's quiet....ah @#!$$@ where's Shem?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL, that is too funny! Isn't how funny how soft we become just for some sleep :). Jackson still has his pacifier and I keep saying I need to get rid of that thing!

lindseydenison said...

UPDATE!!!! You are becoming boring on me!