Well, my quick little Landon was racing in PE and decided it was getting to close for comfort in the battle for the finish line. He was outside amongst the brambles and briars, and decided the only way to win was to slide. Next thing I get is a call from the school saying, "Landon was at PE....he got a cut that I think you should look at." I gather up the girls who are home and run to the school to find Landon pale as a sheet, holding his torn jeans above his knee with an ice pack pressed against it. I ask him to move it and get the heebie jeebies when he removes the pack. "yup, I guess we'll be off to the Dr." The secretaries nod and smile sheepishly. In the meantime I had called the Dr. and they said it needed to go to the ER. Great. Landon is horrified when I walk in and say, "you tore your pants?!" It's okay though because I followed that up with, "did you win?" He was so nervous you could read it all over his body. He didn't cry at all until the numbing shot directly applied into the cut at about 10 different angles.
He ended up with 8 stitches and has been told "no activity for 7 days." This happened on Friday, right before Saturday soccer. He has been so sad.
On Monday, his PE teacher came up and said, "Wow, that kid is tough, he didn't make a sound, he just walked up and told me he thought he should go to the office." The teacher who is at least 6 feet tall shivers and says,"oh, that gave me the shivers."
We take the stitches out tomorrow just in time for this Saturdays game. Wish us luck.
1 comment:
8 stitches...yikes! I'm glad they didn't have to stay in long. One week is a long time for a kid to be inactive.
Post a Comment