

OK, OK so I'm just a little behind. What have you missed...let's see. Baby blessing, kindergarten graduation, field day, beginning of baseball, Tball, swimming, and of course Ireland's firsts. Well, first let's start with a not so amusing story of young love.
After Hailey's graduation, the kids got to have a field day at the park. I show up happily looking for my children. I spot Landon playing tug of war and scan a sea of children for Hailey. Finally I see her preparing for the three legged race with her buddy Justin. I put my camera to my eye and zoom in (this camera has an amazing zoom) just as I look in to click, I catch an eyeful and feel rage bubbling in my stomach. Here is what I see....



Well, next thing I yell is, "Hey, Brucollier! Get your kid." All the adults starting doing the whole , "ahhh, ohhhh, isn't that cute!' I seriously have to hold back the urge to smack the kid. Ah well, all is fair huh? I felt a little better when the next thing I saw was Hailey seriously scrubbing her cheek with her sleeve. Atta girl.
Abby and Hailey have also started Tball. Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE baseball, so naturally I am stoked about the whole thing. I am sure my girls will have an arm like I did with a natural ability, Right?? Well.....Abby was first at bat and after a nice hit which sent the ball all of about 5 feet in front of her, she runs out to get it!!! Everyone is yelling at her to run to first, so she looks at the other 15 kids getting ready to grab the ball and does what any natural winner does...she kicks it and runs...laughing her big gut laugh the whole way.
Well Hailey did ok, nice solid hit and let me tell you...that girl has some legs on her. Everyone in the crowd starts saying, "wow, she's fast." That's right! So what if she stands on base like a cheerleader.

Well, Landon does have the natural ability, and at his first game last night, he was the only one to connect each time with the ball out of a pitching machine, but also the only one to actually catch a ball that was thrown to him thereby getting the first out for his team because he was covering his base too! Yeah! I'm bound to get a ball player out of one of em.
Anyway, Ireland is an absolute angel. She laughs and coos and gurgles and has the occasional blow completely out of the diaper and up her back too. She cracks me up, and I find myself wondering how I lived without her.
Tomorrow is my sweet Abby's Bday, and it falls on Father's Day this year, just like the year she was born. We plan to Par tay, BBQ for dad and presents galore for the girl. Have a good Father's Day people.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, I love the whole kiss thing. I would have been right there with you! Thanks for the laugh! And kicking the ball, that is too funny. I love your blog! We can't wait to live closer to you guys, we'll have to have all sorts of fun!
Post a Comment