So last night as we are sitting down at family night and discussing some of the basics of the gospel...like baptism and what it does for us, when my children offer some serious insight into what constitutes sin. I often times ask questions that I think may be missed by my children as Shem teaches the lesson, so last night when Shem asked what baptism washes away, my children all raise their hands and answer that our sins are taken away. I take the opportunity to ask what is sin.
Hailey looks at me as serious as she can and says, "If you do something bad, like throw trash onto the ground, you get a sin." (apparently it is something we get, like a whammy or a cold)
Abby then follows up with, "Yes, you should never liver!"
Shem goes on, and then Abby decides it will be really funny to stand behind him on the couch and mouth what he is saying complete with hand gestures. I try to tell her to stop, but she is so funny, that I crack up and here ensues another break in family night. We are a serious work in progress.
It does however beat the time I asked Landon who was in the picture baptizing Jesus and he says, "Oh, I know this, George the baptist.".....I guess he is the little known baptist.
No comments:
Post a Comment